Otherwise known as Stockholm. Everyone should come here. It's so beautiful! I never realized that the Swedish capital was such a jewel. I guess that's why they still have a royal family here, too! There's so much to do. We only had 2 days to digest as much as possible, and it definitely wasn't enough. I'll talk about the food first, of course. We were fortunate to sit next to Jan (pronounced Yan) from Stockholm who told us all about his home city. He recommended an elegant swedish restaurant in the Old Town. When we got to our hotel, we immediately called for a reservation and were thrilled they could host us on such short notice. They served an assortment of gourmet and dense breads, followed by a mustard seed shrimp cocktail. I ordered the Arctic Char (no idea what it was, but the server said it was good) and Shane had his first encounter with Swedish meatballs. We left feeling overindulged and completely happy :-)

Some other things I tried: Saffron ice cream, Polkagris (Swedish Candy Cane), and Pear cider (quite possibly my new favorite beverage). I think my favorite memory was walking around the city at night seeing all the lights reflecting on the water. And the architecture is absolutely stunning no matter which direction you turn.
1 comment:
WOW - this looks amazing. I can't wait to hear all about it. Also, had you never had Arctic Char before? It's a great fish - they have it at Haven - yummy! I miss you and can't wait to catch up on Skype this weekend. I LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment