Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fleadh Cheoil

That's Irish for "Music Festival" and it just so happens that the National Irish Music Festival took place 30 minutes from Athlone in a town called Tullamore this past weekend. Shane and I thought it would be a good cultural experience, so we jumped in the car (I got to drive!) and we headed East. Tullamore is another quaint little town with coffee shops and boutiques up and down the main streets. The festival takes place literally in the streets, so you could be walking down the sidewalk and all of a sudden you hear these sweet angelic voices singing Irish folk songs a cappella. I loved how so many of the performers were kids - anywhere from 8 to 18 years old. Although it rained on and off, the people didn't seem to mind it (and neither did we). Check it out...


1 comment:

ASHLEY BAISLEY said...

Okay this is what I am most jealous of thus far. Irish music for a whole weekend. Tell me you danced a little jig for me in the streets of Tullamore and it will make my heart so happy! It looks like you guys are having a great time. I am so excited to talk to you both soon. Love you forever! ~ Ash